2Do Integration Script

Smart rule screenshot is below

Tasks are indicated by a tag (#Actionable-Task)
I also use tag #Project-aaaaa to link tasks to a project
and the label field to specify task status (pending/active/completed/dropped)
Optional due date is stored in TaskDueDate, a custom metadata field

Criteria for my Active Task list is basically notes either labeled Active, or with a Due Date
I view the list in due date sequence

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 02.52.43

Thank you, that is really interesting. I am already using #To-Do etc, but this has given me some other ideas. Out of interest do you use reminders? I have tried, but never get any alerts?

No, I donā€™t use the reminder feature.
They donā€™t seem to trigger on the specified schedule

Same here (reminders triggering erratically)ā€¦

Which schedule do you actually use? And is DEVONthink running when it should be triggered?

Iā€™ve tried just setting a simple reminder on a note. Whether DT is open or minimised Iā€™ve never got an alert.

A screenshot would be useful. And did you enable reminder alarms in Preferences > General?

For myself, these are reminders, repeating daily or weekly, launching an applescript.
Yes, Devonthink is running - this is a Mac Mini, running constantly
An example is a script creating my daily journal note created each morning at 7am

A screenshot of Preferences > General and of the reminder would be useful. E.g. Iā€™m using successfully a daily reminder which executes a script.

Nice!!

I use a smart rule, CLI for Todoist, and the script from this thread to add items to Todoist when I tag them with .Todoist --but Iā€™m really liking @BLUEFROGā€™s script from this threadā€¦

Hi @BLUEFROG, Iā€™m having another look at the ToDoist script. Iā€™m still getting the same error and itā€™s indicating the enclosed line?

I have a feeling Iā€™m being dense :wink: I donā€™t have to install the ToDoist CLI or anything do I?

Screen Recording 2021-07-19 at 16.05.38.mov.zip (5.1 MB)

No CLI in needed. Itā€™s using their URL scheme.

PS: In 98% of cases, I donā€™t offer or suggest things with external dependencies. I believe in working with whatā€™s available out-of-the-box as much as possible.

Whatā€™s the error being reported?

@BLUEFROG thanks for the reply. Iā€™ve included a screen recording above - there is no errorā€¦ It pops up to say when is it due, I select one then nothing.

Alternatively, I currently use a smart search with #ToDo tags etc is there any way to return the text on the line within the search? e.g. ā€œ#ToDo Something that needs doingā€ - currently it just returns the title of the associated document?

Open the script in Script Editor.
Select a file in DEVONthink and run the script in Script Editor.

@BLUEFROG Iā€™ve tried that again and I get the enclosed error. Iā€™ve also enclosed a screen recording so you can see whatā€™s happening. Interestingly if I run todoist://addtask?content=mytask&date=tomorrow&priority=4 in Safari it works as expected? It looks like something in the syntax? I appreciate your help.

Screenshot 2021-07-20 at 07.36.06

Screen Recording 2021-07-20 at 07.34.00.mov.zip (6.4 MB)

Are you in Big Sur? It seems that zsh has problems with open URL that bash (the shell before Big Sur) does not have.

Yes. Ahh that would explain it then :slight_smile: Itā€™s been driving me a bit nuts :wink: Is there any way round it?

This seems to reference it, but I canā€™t work out how to amend the code correctly?