A better way to move files into Databases, groups, etc.?

One of my perennial struggles with DTP is trying to figure out a faster, better way to move files into DTP databases, groups, subgroups, etc.

I have used Tools->Groups & Tags… and then dragged files from the desktop to the desired location. But this process copies files into groups instead of moving it to a desirable group.

Is there a better way to do this? Happy to consider a completely different approach.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hold Command when you drag and drop.

Great. Thanks so much, again!

Are there other suggested tips & scripts to more easily save files to DTP’s DBs, groups, subgroups, etc.?

Thanks so much…

These forums and our blog are fun of tips. However, out-of-the-box moving files to locations in databases is not the same as the Global Inbox since their internal groups don’t exist in the filesystem. If you’re moving files from point A to point B in the filesystem, you need the destination to exist as a file. Your groups (and the Inbox of a database) don’t exist as a file. That’s why other methods, like the Groups & Tags pane, exist.

I get that. Just thought there might be a more efficient way of moving things into DTP databases.

When I don’t create files (e.g., RTF or Word files) from within DTP, I usually save them on the desktop and then drag and drop them into DTP databases, groups, subgroups, etc. Just thought there might be a better, more efficient way of moving files into DTP.

Thanks again.