About initial location in Index mode

Hi all! With the help of DT, I have finished my thesis ~ thank you very much for developing such a good software! However, I also have a few small questions to ask ~I’m not sure if this has been discussed before, and I apologize if it’s already been answered!

My question is that although Replicates exist the same way inside DT, Replicates seem to have an initial location. In Index mode, it seems that this is the only location that shows up in the Finder. I understand the logic behind this, but I wonder if there is a way for DT to assign an initial location to Replicates so that it can be the location that shows up in the Finder?

For example, I downloaded an image A in the folder “reserch” and created an MD file B in the folder “writing”, I replicate image A from the folder “reserch” to folder “writing”, and put the markdown link into file B. In this case, it seems that the image A in file B is not displayed properly. Is there a way to make folder B the initial location of image A?

I know that using the “x-devonthink-item” link is probably a better way, but sometimes it is written with the help of an external markdown editor, so…I wonder if anyone has the same trouble? Thanks in advance!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

How exactly do you reference the file? Instead of using replicants another option might be to store the images in a shared folder.

Perhaps the screenshot is more telling, with Finder on the left and DT on the right

change:I didn’t enter the link correctly it’s "F2102251389.png"But the result is the same

Sorry, I’m not quite sure what you mean by “share folder”?

The next release will support the replicants in case of indexed groups too.

1 Like

Great !!! I will always love devonthink :heart:

1 Like