About screenshot shortcuts

Hi

Sorter has a shortcut for saving notes and web pages. Is it possible to do the same when taking a screenshot?

I think it would be useful to be able to use control+tab to quickly enter a name and tag for the cropped image. If this is not currently possible, please consider adding this feature.

While not provided by DEVONthink, I used CTRL-SHIFT-5 which launches the terrific built-in OSX app Screenhot.app (in Applications Utilities folder). When I want the screen shot to go to DEVONthink, I save it to the global inbox folder.

If you press Tab after the screenshot is displayed it should put the cursor in the Name field and pressing Tab again will place it in the Tab field.

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

Ideally, the image should be fetched, named and tagged in succession.

It worked.

It’s a small thing, but I find it tedious to have to repeatedly manipulate the mouse to take a screenshot.

I have added some keyboard shortcuts for selecting the different screenshot options when the Sorters Capture screen view is visible:
Command + 1 - Capture Screen
Command + 2 - Capture Window
Command + 3 - Capture Selection

This will be included in the next update.

1 Like

Oh. Now asking for more. You were looking for a keyboard shortcut and I thought that would help you.

For your new requirements, I do that with Rules in DEVONthink (Autoclassify, Tag, Convert to PDF, OCR, etc.). Works well.

So you can now do what you want. No?