Adding bookmarks to global inbox?

I spoke too soon cmd-shift-opt drag looks like it’s creating a bookmark in DTO, but the file is 0 bytes & open a blank doc.

Thnks sjk. I guess I’m just dense…but it seems the only way that I can successfully do this is thru a 2-step process: 1) create the .webloc file by dragging it to the desktop & then 2) after it is on the desktop…drag it into the sorter.

The simple answer remains, first:

Fix your global Inbox
Fix your global Inbox
Fix your global Inbox

Then drag favicons directly to it instead of Sorter.

Thanks for your patience…I’m not trying to be difficult & obviously my familiarity w/ DTP is not the best. I finally understand that the global inbox is a separate app that can/should be linked to the sorter (as opposed to the default inbox/).

I now see that the inbox exists in the ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/. It seems that I can make an alias of the folder & place it on the desktop & it acts as you say. I’m not really clear how to “fix” my global inbox. I’ve tried dragging it into the sorter, but it won’t go. obviously I’m missing something here. please be gentle.

The global Inbox folder is only a folder, not a separate app. And that folder doesn’t need to be “linked to” Sorter, which already has access to it.

You’ve found it under ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2 and creating an alias to it is one way to access it. To also add it to the sidebar in Finder windows and Save dialogs:

• Run Help > Install Add-ons… in DTP to bring up the Install Add-ons window
• Click the Global Inbox in Save Dialogs checkbox
• Click the Install button (or tap the Return key)

You can also click the purple-circled ‘?’ in the botton-left corner of the Install Add-ons window to launch Help Viewer with more info.
[Note to DTech: the screen image of the IA window needs updating]

Honestly, I don’t know how to make it any clearer than that. If you still need help you could e-mail support@devon-technologies.com to open a support ticket, or maybe someone else here has a better explanation.

And here’s a hopefully helpful summary about the global inbox from the Release Notes for Version 2.0 public beta 4:

NEW: Global inbox. The global inbox is manifested as database ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/Inbox.dtBase2, is always opened by default, and automatically imports the contents of ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/Inbox at startup. It is used by the Sorter, by dropping items on the application icon in the Dock/Finder, by services, by bookmarklets, and by most scripts. It is also available in Tools > Groups, the AppleScript group selector, the Dock menu, and the search window. The ‘Inbox’ property lets AppleScript scripts access the inbox conveniently.