Adding Webdav SyncStore to Mac client does not work - greyed out

Hi Team,

I create an encrypted sync store database on my Synology Webdav via the Devonthink iOS app.
I am able to use it normally.

I now try to add this database to my Mac client, so I can sync to it. However, the sync store database is greyed out when I try to open it via the ‘open database’ dialogue.

I am sure I am missing something super obvious. How do I create a database that can sync seamlessly between Mac and iOS? Am quite new to Devonthink and learning my way around.

Thank you so much!

Best, Maik

There’s a quite longish description on how to use WebDAV & Synology NAS with DT/DTTG available here in the forum:

1 Like

You can’t open a sync store via the File > Open Database command. It’s not a database to be opened. It’s a sync store containing raw, chunked, and optionally encrypted sync data about the database.

You need to import the database from the sync location to the other devices…

Sync is covered in the Help for each application:

• For DEVONthink, sync is covered in the Help > Documentation > In & Out > Sync, Preferences > Sync, and Troubleshooting > Sync Issues.
  • For DEVONthink To Go, sync is covered in the ? > Help > Sync your databases section.

There are manuals available here: Manuals
There is also a forum post on syncing: Sync Types Explained

Thank you all, for the helpful pointers. I was able to create and sync up multiple devices without any problems. I had just looked in the wrong place.

Many thanks! Maik

Glad to hear it :slight_smile: