Additional Quick Look functionality from Apple

See this page from the Apple site:

apple.com/applescript/quickviewer/index.html

In my experiments with this Quick Look Droplet and DTPO, I’ve found it such a timesaver that I put the droplet in my “DevonThink Pro Office” dock. It can help in situations, for example, where it’s too cumbersome to switch to Three-Pane View to get Cover Flow working in the bottom window.

Note that this is a command-line implementation of Quick Look, so it doesn’t have all the features and buttons of the standard Leopard version. And dragging document icons to the droplet may get old fast for those who don’t like dragging. Nevertheless, it’s another weapon in the arsenal, and I thought it best to share with our forum because some suggested in other posts that they might find it useful.

Also listed on that page is a Browse Full Screen Script that some might find helpful with operations involving the Finder and DTPO, especially on big-screen or spanning double-display hardware setups. In addition, a Quick Viewer applet, a presentation player application, is also available as a free download on that page; I haven’t yet investigated if there is any way this applet might be useful with DTPO.

Thanks for the link! I couldn’t resist and converted this to a script for DEVONthink Pro:

-- Quick Look Viewer
-- Created by Christian Grunenberg on Apr Fri 10 2009.
-- Copyright (c) 2009. All rights reserved.
-- Based on (c) 2007 Apple, Inc.

tell application id "com.devon-technologies.thinkpro2"
	try
		set theSelection to the selection
		set these_paths to ""
		repeat with theRecord in theSelection
			set thePath to the path of theRecord
			if thePath is not "" then set these_paths to these_paths & space & (the quoted form of thePath)
		end repeat
		if these_paths is not "" then
			do shell script "qlmanage -p " & these_paths & " >& /dev/null"
		else
			error "Please select some contents."
		end if
	on error error_message number error_number
		if the error_number is not -128 then display alert "DEVONthink Pro" message error_message as warning
	end try
end tell

Just save it in ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/Scripts and assign a shortcut (either via the filename, e.g. Quick Look___Cmd_Shft_Q.scpt, or via the system preferences).

Tried your script – it works great! Not sure how much I’m going to use it, but in the threepane-view, for example for a selected range of files it’s faster to use a keyboard shortcut to the script than to switch to cover-flow from the menu. I enjoy this – thanks.

kithairon