I’ve got DT Pro 1.5.1 and Adium 1.2.3 running on Leopard.
When I run the Import Adium Chatlog, everything looks good for a while, but then the script stops on a certain person’s file (I let it run for a good hour) and I can’t get control back. ‘Cancel’ button does nothing, and I have to Force Quit DT.
I know nothing about AppleScript, I’m afraid, though I am technical. Any clues where to start troubleshooting?
[P.S. If I remove that user’s folder from the logs directories, the import works fine. But that’s my most important support chat-ee, so I need her in the db.]
The script was designed for the 1.2+ line of Adium, I have never tested it with an earlier version. It uses an external command line application for the actual conversion. Can you find out on which file/person it hangs and remove that from the chat logs folder? If the conversation is not too private, could you send me the files so I could check here? Maybe I need to set a timeout for the conversion to get over defective/old/broken logs…
Actually, I ended up writing a converter to turn my AdiumHTMLLog files (of which I had tons) into the newer XML .chatlog files. Even then I had to fix lots of files manually, because of little inconsistencies between the formats that my script could not handle.
Then I ran into an Applescript bug which I fixed by changing the “set shellScript” line to:
set shellScript to ("xsltproc --stringparam title \"" & newChatlogName & "\" --stringparam person \"" & chatlogPerson & "\" -o \"" & (tempPathPOSIX & "/" & chatlogPerson & "/" & chatlogFile) as string) & "\" \"" & xslPath & "\" \"" & chatlogPath & "\""
Note the lack of #!/bin/sh and the deletion of two linefeeds.
After all this, and about 8 hours worth of trying and re-trying, I finally got all 3400 or so of my old chat transcripts imported. Yay DTP!