All my Syncstores are gone in Devonthink Pro Office

I didn’t use Devonthink for a while on my Macbook and when I opened it today, I saw, that there was no sync happening and the menu option was greyed out.
After checking Settings -> Sync, I saw, that all my sync store settings are gone. Neither my iCloud sync store nor my dropbox sync store are listed there.
In Devonthink To Go, those syncstores are still available.

So my question is, how can this happen and is there an easy fix to get the syncstores again back in Devonthink Pro Office.

The Devonthink Office Pro version number is 2.11.3

Thank you in advance for your help,

Christian

Ok, I remembered my passwords and was able to setup the syncstores again in Devonthink Pro Office.
I assume, this was because I got a new Macbook and restored it from an iCloud backup. I assume, the syncstore settings had not been saved there.

Glad you got it figured out.

I got a new Macbook and restored it from an iCloud backup

iCloud is not meant as a backup for a machine. Time Machine is and would include the items you were missing.

Also, We strongly advocate proper primary backups using TimeMachine (or similar snapshot-style backup applications) and external drives. Also, you should read the recent series of articles we posted: DEVONtechnologies | Search & Find

Sorry, my fault. I restored from a time machine backup and not from iCloud.

No worries!

The backup should have included the sync settings as it should contain the ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2 directory.

Either way, you’re back on track. :slight_smile:

Ok, thanks for the information. At least I did not exclude this folder from the backup :smiley:.
It’s all fine and running again.

1 Like