Am I dumb? I just want a new note 😒

Thanks for the validation. I spent years testing other apps and researching new ones, so I know DT is extremely powerful and expect a learning curve. But when little things that challenge a new user pop up, in my experience it has been safe to assume the entire product will present similar challenges.

Looking at the example of closing the main window to focus on just a popped-out note, and how to get it back:
In evernote for example, a single left click on the dock will bring it back (sometimes frustrating when I just want to return from a different app to the note I was working on).

In Apple notes, a right-click on the dock icon gives a menu to get back to the main window. That seems ideal.

In DT theres NO help from the dock icon whatsoever. To get back to the main window I would navigate to Menu File > New Window. Notice it’s not called “Main Window” or “Home” or anything. Just “New” window. And it’s the 5th item down.

Call it a failure of imagination, but I can’t imagine that being the ideal place to put such an important feature. I don’t know of any other built-for-mac-app that hides it’s “home” screen to that degree, the home screen that I need in order to make and display a new doc (without a script).

The tutorial says “The best way to learn DT is just to dive in!” So far, I strongly disagree. One commenter suggested I read page 29(!) of the manual, to solve the problem of having a fresh note popped-out, but it didn’t contain the solution.

The best solution is an applescript. Which is fine, and tells me I’m probably just approaching the whole problem wrong. DONT close the main window, got it. :grimacing: