Annotation note and text in pdf

Hello,
there are some things I would like to propose for improving pdf annotation.
The first one is when clicking/setting annotation notes. I do not know whether it is only awkward for me but I find it unintuitive that when setting an annotation note, the left bottom corner of the icon is aligned to the tip of the mouse cursor. Intuitively I always think of the upper left corner. Therefore I often have overlapping note icons over my text. For languages with right to left writing direction the upper right would be more suitable but not the bottom. Unless there is a language with writing direction from bottom to top.

The second one is the text note. I would prefer if the width of the text note is expanded dynamically. I would like to click to the place where I want to write my text without the need of click and dragging. Also when typing enter for a new line, the text bubble should only expand downwards and not upwards too. Right now the upwards expansion lead to overlapping texts. Last thing would be some padding between the borders and the text. This would be visually more appealing for me.

I don’t know if the used pdfkit allows for making these changes possible but I wanted to give some feedback.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions. While I can’t promise implementation, be assured they have been noted by development for future consideration. Cheers!

1 Like

The next release will center the note (instead of aligning a corner to the mouse pointer).

A note or a text annotation? In case of note annotations the size is fixed, in case of text annotations only the height is automatically changed.

1 Like

Center is good, too.

I mean the text annotation. I’ll get it that there are benefits for defining max width for a textbox. But if I only click to set a text annotation the predefined width is too narrow and I’ll get only one word or 2 very short words in a line. So a compromise over a “dynamical” width would be a wider predefined width when clicking for a text annotation or using the last used width.

And is it maybe possible to make dragging texts and notes with the text selection cursor?

But if I only click to set a text annotation the predefined width is too narrow and I’ll get only one word or 2 very short words in a line.

Why don’t you drag when creating the text annotation?

And ignore my terrific typing skills :stuck_out_tongue: