Annotation reading sources

Well, this really may be a deal breaker for me.

I’m a retired college professor still trying to keep up on reading and research.

In DT2 I could create a group for each book I read with author date as the name of the group. I could then add a rich text document with the full name of the author, the full title of the book, and the relevant publishing info.

As I read, I might come across a quotation that I wanted to store. In DT2 it was pretty easy. Click on the rtf item, invoke a script which would then create a link to the source information and a space to enter the quotation I wanted to save.

So far, I’ve not been able to figure out how to do this in DT3. I’ve searched through the various menus without finding any help. The closest I’ve found is “take a note” and there I can create a link back to the source, but it takes more steps and the result is not nearly as elegant as it was in DT2.

Have I missed something? Can someone point me to a way to accomplish what was so easy to do in DT2?

This is widely discussed on these forums: https://discourse.devontechnologies.com/search?q=annotation%20order%3Alatest

And it’s far easier than using the old method too.

PS: Help > Documentation > Inspectors > Annotations & Reminders