Annotations folder: best location?

I’m on full throttle re: using the (Inspector) Annotations. If I remember correctly, we can move the automatically created folder for the Annotations’ files (in the Global Inbox) to another location in our databases, right? (@BLUEFROG, maybe you can correct me if I’m wrong.)

Is it possible to have different Annotation folders, one for Database (i.e. all files within that Database would have their Annotations’ RTF files located there)? Wouldn’t that make more sense?

1 Like

we can move the automatically created folder for the Annotations’ files (in the Global Inbox) to another location in our databases, right?

Technically yes, but… If you annotate another document in a given database, a new Annotations group will be created at the group of the database.

Is it possible to have different Annotation folders, one for Database (i.e. all files within that Database would have their Annotations’ RTF files located there)? Wouldn’t that make more sense?

Yes, and that’s how it currently works.

Unless Development decides otherwise, Annotation files should be treated as database-specific, i.e., make them in the database they belong to for the least friction.

Ah. I must have started making the Annotations while the files were in the Global Index. That’s where the folder was created. Thanks.

You’re welcome. :slight_smile: