Apple Mail Missing "Add to DEVONthink3"

Welcome @paulopinto

You have purchased the Standard edition of DEVONthink 3. Only the Pro and Server editions have the Apple Mail plugin and handle emails.

Select ​DEVONthink 3 > Purchase ​to open our online store with upgrade options specific to your license.

Thanks! I already have my Pro license but I can’t upgrade. I can’t remove my actual license code.

Hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket.
We will get it where it needs to go.

1 Like

Hello! I seem to have run into the same issue but the proposed solution. Do you have any other ideas or should I just file a bug report?

Many thanks in advance,
Daniel

Welcome @dque

What specific problem are you referring to?

Thanks for the welcoming!

I do not see the plugin in mail after doing this.

I just purchased the pro version and I see it in my DT licence.
I saw this post

But I don’t have a moved home folder. So I am uncertain what is the best way to get the mail plugin working.

You’re welcome!

What version of macOS are you running?

1 Like

I am running Catalina. I find the files in the Bundle folder but it does not show up in Mail. Maybe it is a DataVault problem? When searching for it online, that was suggested occasionally. I was a bit wary following steps which had required me to restart in recovery mode and delete some of these files because I rely on this Mac for work.

Cheers,
Daniel

Did you enable the plugin in Mail’s preferences?

1 Like

The problem is, I don’t see it the preferences.

This problem remains after I restart my computer or reinstall the plugin as mentioned above.

And it’s definitely installed in ~/Library/Mail/Bundles?

1 Like

Yes. That is why I am confused. Could it have something to do with the fact, that I restored this mac from a time machine backup?

Maybe it’s a permission issue, you could try to delete the folder ~/Library/Mail/Bundles, then install the plug-in again and finally enable it.

1 Like

Unfortunately, that didn’t work. I tried to install a different plugin with no success either.

I think of biting the bullet and going down this route

Deleting DataVault

Does this seem wise to you? I am a bit afraid tbh.

If you press Command-I to open the Get Info pane for the Bundles folder, what are the permissions in the Sharing & Permissions section?

1 Like

Please check first whether DEVONthink 3 has full disk access. If that’s not the case then please enable it and try the above steps again.

1 Like

@BLUEFROG It was read & write.

@cgrunenberg It had full disk access.

In the end I did it and it worked out fine. Also, I re-enabled SIP as soon as I could. Thanks for your support! It seems Catalina caused quite a bit of issues. Let’s wait for Big Sur for new problems :sweat_smile: .

Let’s wait for Big Sur for new problems :sweat_smile:

Haha! We eagerly await even more support problems from Big Sur :roll_eyes: :wink:

Thank you! I had the same problem more many months with Devonthink 3 Apple Mail Plug-In not being listed in Apple Mail preferences Manage Plug In list which stopped me from manually activating the plug-in. I went through the same steps you did until I followed the “Deleting DataVault” link instructions to delete the Apple mail DataVaults folder. It worked!

1 Like

“Only the Pro and Server editions have the Apple Mail plugin and handle emails.”

Following the description on your homepage, this is misleading!

I may copy-paste from dt website:

DEVONthink is your paperless office. It stores all your documents, helps you keep them organized, and presents you with what you need to get the job done.

• Keeps your data together
  • Scans your paper (note: what is a feature of my Scannersoftware btw…)
  • Archives your email

I repeat: DEVONTHINK archives your email. Not DEVONTHINK PRO.
Please don’t tell us that you mean, we can print a mail with our printer and scan it to an ocr-less bitmap… :wink:

I have paid for a version that is described as “archives your email”, could you please provide me with a solution?

thanks
erik