Apple Mail Missing "Add to DEVONthink3"

That did it @BLUEFROG. Thanks!

FYI, now that I am at another computer, I see the same behavior. The Add to DEVONthink 3 menu is missing. I can follow your instructions on this machine, but there may be an issue with the latest update.

[Update] I was able to shortcut making the menu item available simply by doing

enable the plugin via Apple Mail’s Preferences > General > Manage Plug-ins

You’re welcome.

I have the same problem and followed all the steps in this thread but no success.

Including deleting and reinstalling the DT mailbundle.

In Preferences > General > Manage Plug-ins it does not show as a plug-in to enable.

I updated to the just released 10.15.5 last night but don’t think this is relevant because my other Mac, also on 10.15.5 has the “add to DEVONthink” menu option.

Adding to DT3 works from the scripts list in the menulets

Thanks for any help

Is your home directory in the standard location (/Users/…) or did you move it? Does DEVONthink 3 have full disk access?

Thanks. Yes my Users in standard location but have found solution in this thread:

It wasn’t just the DEVONthink mail plugin missing.

Hi. I upgraded from DT Pro Office to DT 3. On my Install Add-ons there is no Mail Plugin. Why is that? And Mail/Bundles in ~/Library is empty.

Welcome @paulopinto

You have purchased the Standard edition of DEVONthink 3. Only the Pro and Server editions have the Apple Mail plugin and handle emails.

Select ​DEVONthink 3 > Purchase ​to open our online store with upgrade options specific to your license.

Thanks! I already have my Pro license but I can’t upgrade. I can’t remove my actual license code.

Hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket.
We will get it where it needs to go.

1 Like

Hello! I seem to have run into the same issue but the proposed solution. Do you have any other ideas or should I just file a bug report?

Many thanks in advance,
Daniel

Welcome @dque

What specific problem are you referring to?

Thanks for the welcoming!

I do not see the plugin in mail after doing this.

I just purchased the pro version and I see it in my DT licence.
I saw this post

But I don’t have a moved home folder. So I am uncertain what is the best way to get the mail plugin working.

You’re welcome!

What version of macOS are you running?

1 Like

I am running Catalina. I find the files in the Bundle folder but it does not show up in Mail. Maybe it is a DataVault problem? When searching for it online, that was suggested occasionally. I was a bit wary following steps which had required me to restart in recovery mode and delete some of these files because I rely on this Mac for work.

Cheers,
Daniel

Did you enable the plugin in Mail’s preferences?

1 Like

The problem is, I don’t see it the preferences.

This problem remains after I restart my computer or reinstall the plugin as mentioned above.

And it’s definitely installed in ~/Library/Mail/Bundles?

1 Like

Yes. That is why I am confused. Could it have something to do with the fact, that I restored this mac from a time machine backup?

Maybe it’s a permission issue, you could try to delete the folder ~/Library/Mail/Bundles, then install the plug-in again and finally enable it.

1 Like