Apple Pages Documents display

Greetings,

In Standard view, some of my Apple Pages documents display a single page at a time in the lower pane, while others display multiple pages at a time. I’ve poked around within DT3 v5, but can’t figure out what’s causing a single page vs. multiple pages to display. Ideally, I’d like to see a single page at a time, how can I do this?

It appears that this is related to the Zoom level. However, on the single page view, there is no zoom level set, as it’s dimmed can’t be changed. On the multiple page view, Zoom to Actual Size is set.

Thanks!

I can only see multiple pages in a multi-page Pages file.

@cgrunenberg will have to comment on this:
The View > Zoom options are disabled, but you can still pinch zoom - perhaps since it’s a QuickLook view.

Very interesting Jim. Some multiple page Pages documents display a single page at a time, while others show all of the pages, thus making it impossible to review, unless I do QuickLook.

I’ve run keyword searches, and when in multi-page view, I can’t see the term that has been highlighted. I’ve also noticed that some Pages documents will display the highlighted term, while others don’t show the highlighted search hit term. Any idea what’s going on there?

I’ve also noticed that some Pages documents will display the highlighted term, while others don’t show the highlighted search hit term.

You can’t display search hits in Pages files as the QuickLook view doesn’t allow for search hits to be highlighted.

I’d suggest you start a support ticket and attach files and descriptions of what file exhibits what behavior. Thanks.

That’s correct, Quick Look is basically a black box and therefore its features (e.g. zooming) aren’t accessible.

It’s possible that some of your documents contain a PDF preview which is preferred. Otherwise Quick Look has to be used to preview the documents.