archiving Mail

I’ve been archiving Mail into DT and found that it’s not coming in with attachments. Is there an option somewhere that I’m missing so that attachments are included? Also, how might one keep any new emails coming in synced with the folder of archived emails already in DT?

A little closer examination seems to show that some of the attachments are embedded into the archive. But there are other archived emails that only have the attached file icon with a question mark on it.

Click on the Text Alternative button to see a rich text rendering of a message, in order to be able to double-click and view attachments.

Great. Works perfect. Is there a way to do that for all at once rather than one-at-a-time, such as the default action?

If you check the preference shown below (DEVONthink > Preferences > Email) you’ll always be in the Text Alternative view instead of the preview.

Ok. Thanks for that info. In regards to archiving new emails, is it the same procedure as the original archiving or is there a “one button” procedure?

You can continue to use Archive Mailbox but it must be invoked via File > Import > Email…

Thank you. I also see that it will only archive only new emails since the last archive.

Correct. There is an option to override this but this is the default behavior. :smiley: