Are the iphone and iPad subscriptions separate

I subscribed yesterday to DTTG on my iphone…

Today I have opened DTTG on my iPad and it is asking me to subscribe. The iphone app works. Are the iphone and iPad two separate subscriptions ? I dont want to really take out two separate subscriptions ?

• Are you signed in with the same Apple ID on both devices?
    • If so, do you see a Restore/Retry link?
      • If so, did you tap it?

Yes…

And Yes…

And yes

In DEVONthink To Go, select Help > Contact Us to start a support ticket. Thanks!

I cant get to the help screen. When I open DTTG on the iPad I just get this screen.

I am signed in with the same Apple ID as on my iphone ?

If i click on the retry/restore nothing happens

You don’t happen to be in the beta testing pool, are you?

No

In DEVONthink To Go, select Help > Contact Us to start a support ticket. Thanks.

I suppose i could start the ticket from my iphone were the subscription works. I will do that

Thanks

Still struggling with this…

My subscription works on the iPhone but not the iPad under the same apple id.

I understand Apple gives limited info, but apple support were unable to help…

There must be a glitch somewhere…

Wondering if logging out of Apple ID on iPad, then re-logging in might help. Apple’s iCloud not perfect. It’s a pain to do this as it means re-setting things, but maybe … Just a hunch.

Still struggling with this. I have taken out a subscription under the same iCloud account for DTTG on the iPhone and this is not transferring to the iPad. I can’t use my iPad DTTG and it is asking me to take out a further subscription. I don’t think it is unreasonable to not want to take out two subscriptions.

I must say I am disappointed…

As you are struggling, surely you tried some of the suggestions. To enable some assistance:

• What happened when you logged out and then back into iCloud on iPad?
  • What happened when you submitted a support ticket?
  • New idea: delete the DEVONthink ToGo app on iPad, restart, then go back to Apple store and install?

Hi.

Yes I have tried all the suggestions that have been made.

-Logging out of iCloud hasn’t helped.
-With the support ticket…after some initial suggestions that didnt work they said basically go to apple , it isn’t our problem. Apple obviously didnt help.
-I hadn’t deleted the app on the iPad. I have so many databases it takes a long time to download them all…however

That is a good suggestion…so I am going to delete the app and will report back.

Surprising, but there you go … I don’t know much about Apple’s secrets of what gets reset on logout/login.

Make sense. Apple in complete control of the App Store and the system on the device and gives strict instructions to their staff what they will support… nor not.

Hope that works. For other apps that have acted up on my device(s) and in my IOS support diaspora, I’ve been known to delete/reinstall from Apple’s Appstore usually works.

Recommendation: only put on your IOS devices those databases that you really need. Don’t overload it.

1 Like