Automatically convert html to pdf

I can drag a website address from a web browser into DTP, and DTP will load the site. Then, I can right click on the website in DTP and select “Capture PDF” to convert it to a pdf.

Is there any way to automate this so that when I drop the link in DTP it will automatically convert it to a pdf?

I checked the forum and did not find an answer. I realize that there are applets designed for this in a roundabout way (for Safari and FF), but I would sometimes find it simpler to just pull them over–if it is possible to convert them automatically to pdf.

Thanks much.

The only possibilities right now are the “Clip to DEVONthink” browser extensions/bookmarklets, scripts for common browsers (e.g. Safari) and DEVONagent. By the way, the next release will include a completely rewritten and much faster “Clip to DEVONthink” extension.

Excellent. Thanks much. I was thinking that there might be a way to assign some sort of automated folder action, but it doesn’t look like it.

I’ll wait for the update.

This script is a can be added to any group and when that group is selected it will make PDFs of any bookmark files in that group.

It’s a rather stupid script, since it will make a new PDF from every bookmark regardless of whether a PDF exists already. But, you get the basic idea and can fix it up as you wish.

on triggered(theRecord)
	try
		tell application id "com.devon-technologies.thinkpro2"
			set theSelection to the children of theRecord
			repeat with thisItem in theSelection
				if the kind of thisItem is "Bookmark" then
					set thisURL to the URL of thisItem
					create PDF document from thisURL in theRecord
				end if
			end repeat
		end tell
	end try
end triggered

korm, thanks so much for taking the time. Forgive me for asking, but I am a novice to scripting in DTP. When you say “add it to any group,” what do you mean? How do I link the script a single group?

I wouldn’t ask if you hadn’t already taken the time to come up with something that looks usable. Thanks in advance.

Read the topic “Triggered Scripts” in Help.

Excellent. Thanks!