Automating names of PDFs in DEVONthink Pro Office

I have a large number of PDFs that I have downloaded from academic paper repositories such as JSTOR and Project MUSE and loaded into a DEVONthink database. The filenames are non-meaningful strings of numbers and letters, but I think the titles of the articles are somehow embedded in the PDFs’ metadata. A few other applications I use, such as Bookends, are able to process this information and assign titles accordingly. I wonder if there is any way to speed up the process of naming these documents within DEVONthink? Thank you for any suggestions.

IF the title is in the metadata - and there’s no guarantee it is (ie. lack of uniformity should be expected here) - yes, it’s possible to do this via AppleScript.

Note: I generally suggest you don’t use the entire title for the name of a file: blog.devontechnologies.com/2018 … filenames/

That’s great news, thanks for the information. Would you mind sharing the recommended approach for doing so? I was able to find the “Convert meta data to tags” and “Rename to tags” scripts but they don’t seem to do much for me. Thanks!