"Best Alternative View" for Markdown entries

I also use DEVONthink for note taking. They are written in plain text, mainly Markdown. DEVONthink Pro has a good support for this with its “Best Alternative View”. I tested this with DTTG and in opposite to DTPro it lacks a few features which I would like to see supported:

1. Metadata at the top of the document is not hidden.

2. The value for a metadata key is not substituted in the body of the document. The syntax for this is ```

[%key]

3. Image links with a DEVONthink item link (to a database entry with an image) are not substituted with the image (e.g. ```

![alt-text](x-devonthink-item://xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx)

``` does not render the image and only shows a placeholder at the moment).

All three points work nicely in DTPro so it would be great to have them in DTTG, too.

How is “metadata at the beginning of the document” encoded?

I’m not quite sure what you mean by “encoded”. I’m referring to http://fletcher.github.io/MultiMarkdown-4/metadata.html

Ah I see. Our Markdown viewer is currently compatible to the original Markdown documentation. We are currently reading ourselves into what it needs to correctly support MultiMarkdown too.

DEVONthink Pro and DEVONthink To Go seem to have different Markdown viewers implemented, because the 3 points of my intial post work fine on the Mac, but not on iOS. Of course a full MultiMarkdown implementation would be absolutely fantastic.

Thank you for adding all the 3 points of my initial post to the new version 2.0.4 of DEVONthink To Go :smiley:

You people are incredible!

Thanks for the kind words. We are always working on making things better. :smiley: