Bonjour Sync - on Demand

New to DT and DTTG. I’m trying to sync 2 iPhones to my MBP via bonjour. While setting up a new location, I cannot change download files to on demand. I’ve tried clicking and sliding. I’ve also waited a few minutes. But nothing will make it switch.

It will sync, if I use always

What am I doing wrong?

Dttg 2.7.7
iOS 12.4.1 and 13.4.1
DT 3.5
MBA on 10.14.6

As noted in the ? > Help > Sync your databases > Synchronizing everything or just the metadata > Granularity, you need to set the sync location to Download Files: On Demand if you want databases from that sync location to have the On Demand option as well.

@BLUEFROG, Thanks, the wording on the granularity section for the sync location is not clear. It might be clearer to say “Open settings, under the sync section, select the location, tap Edit, tap the pencil for the sync location that you want to edit.”

This is the point where I don’t have the ability to choose on demand, I have tried tapping on demand and sliding to on demand but the slider doesn’t move.

Have you purchased the Pro Pack (see DEVONthink To Go’s Settings > Manage)?
That is required for using On Demand.

Ahh that’s it. I looked at the description on the AppStore and it looked like only editing PDFs and tables were the features for in-app purchase.

What is document provider extension?

The ability for compatible applications to access files in DEVONthink To Go. This is done through Files.app view.

1 Like