Bullets / spacing

I want to insert bullets into a list of Rich Text notes I’m making in DevonThink Pro. When I click on the Format menu, the Spacing option is greyed out. Why?

I’m on a Mac running Panther, in case this matters.

Thanks for the help.
Charmian

Charmian:

The Spacing options do work in Panther as well as in Tiger, but are only available if your document has editable rich text.

If you are having problems with a particular document, please send a message to us at Support with the document compressed (use the Finder’s archive routine) and attached to the email.

I typed the note directly into DevonThink Pro. To do this, I clicked the Rich Note icon and typed the text in the window. When I got to the text where I wanted a bulleted list, the format menu refused to allow me to use the Spacing / Link / List / Table options. Did I do something wrong in my entry?

I’ve opened several rtf files in DT (some imported, some typed in) and this section is always greyed out. Is there a setting I need to change? A preference that needs to be set?

I appreciate the offer to email you a file, but they all seem to be giving me trouble.

Thanks.
Charmian

Charmian:

Click inside a text string. Are the Spacing and List options still not available – or do they work?

All of them require Tiger.

I clicked and they’re still grey.

Charmian

Charmian:

I misspoke in an earlier post (I hadn’t used 10.3.9 for a long time). Spacing does work for me under 10.3.9 but you will need to move to the Tiger OS to get other options provided under the Tiger operating system.

I guess I have some kind of glitch. Spacing doesn’t work, but it’s not worth a lot of time sorting out. I’ll just use an asterisk.

Thanks for your time on this.
Charmian

Charmian:

Spacing controls the space between lines or paragraphs. It’s not a list command.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the clarification.

Charmian