Can DT auto convert UTF encoding of iOS created UTF-16LE html files?

Hi,

I cannot understand why (some iOS/iCloud/Shortcuts update), since 2024 April 4 DEVONSave v3 shortcut is creating html files in UTF-16LE.
These render fine on DTTG but they are not rendered properly on DT.

Is there a way from within DT to script re-open the files as UTF-16LE and save them back as default encoding?

(reason why I use DEVONSave v3 over the extension/bookmarklet: it really saves the text as displayed on screen, including Safari Translated articles)

Are the files rendered as expected in Safari on the Mac? If that’s the case, then exporting and reimporting them might help.

Thanks for the suggestion

While the exported files do render fine in Safari, the re imported files do not render at all (not even text) in DT :cry:

Archive.zip (12.0 KB)
These are two such files

The HTML code actually claims that the encoding is UTF-8 but it isn’t. Did DEVONthink To Go create or just import/receive these HTML files?

1 Like

Thanks. I will check the whole chain.

The next release will improve the compatibility to such files.

Thanks.

It’s a weird file.

if I understand, the encoding of the file is UTF-16LE and DT does not detect it as html because it cannot parse even the “<html>”

I have so far not found where in the Shortcut UTF-16LE is set

At least the first one is just borken, as it contains two html elements. Invalid HTML, regardless of the encoding.