Can I change database names?

Hello!

Been using devonthink pro for a couple of months now. Only this week did I decide I need more than one database. So I made a writing database. I named it ‘writing’ when it asked for a name. It created the database writing.dtBase2. I made another database and called it ‘projects’. It created projects.dtbase2. While looking at my 3 databases in devonthink I noticed that my first database, the one I started with, is named DEVONthink 2.dtBase2. I gave it another name, but that’s the actual database name, which means it shows up in recent databases in the side bar as DEVONthink 2.dtBase2. It might not seem like much, but this drives me crazy.

Is there a way for me to change the actual name of the first database that I created? And if not, can’t I just create a new database with the name I want to use, copy everything over, and just delete the old DEVONthink 2.dtBase2 database?

Sorry if this has been answered before. I tried to search for it and couldn’t find anything.

Yes, you can rename a database in two areas. To change the name in the Finder, close the database or quit DTP and rename it in the Finder. You can also change the name that appears in the Open Databases" section by using “File>Database Properties…” and changing the display name there.