Can I Sync DT to go with my Desktop Macbook pro using bluetooth only?

I want to keep my databases on my macbook pro, and sync with iphone via bluetooth or airdrop only. Is that possible with full version of DTG and latest DevonThink for MacOs? Also, all OSs are latest versions as of April 9, 2023.

Thanks

CB

The technologies and services DEVONthink can use for synching are fully discussed in the “DEVONthink Manual”. Get from DEVONtechnologies | Handbooks and Extras. Also see Sync Types Explained

Probably Bonjour method is what you are seeking. See the “DEVONthink Handbook” and Bonjour Simplified

No there is no sync over Bluetooth, which is not powerful enough to handle more than trivial transfers. And Airdrop is not an appropriate mechanism for syncing either.

1 Like

As others replied, No to bluetooth or airdrop
I sync using wifi via the modem/router supplied by my ISP
For a wired option, see Sync by wire

1 Like

Thanks for the answer.

I’ll note that I haven’t found either Airdrop or bluetooth to be limited to trivial transfers. Airdrop which I understand uses bluetooth easily moves 1GB+ of data between my devices in a few seconds, which is faster than any alternative file transfer method I have at my disposal.

File transfer is one thing, but syncing a different thing and DEVONthink is set up to use other methods.

The good news for you is that you can use the terrific Bonjour method which like your Airdrop and Bluetooth, is local network computer to computer.

What Bonjour is “under the covers” is unknown by me, but my hunch is that the TCP/IP stack technology used is not unlike Airdrop and Bluetooth.

1 Like