Can´t select sync mode (manual) in DTTG2 (ios 13.7)

hey there,

I have just put up a new db for sync; and now run into problems with up to date DTTG2 + ios 13.7 – even after restart.

1. when I press the (i)-pane within top level of database there is still the ‘always’ vs ‘manual’ switcher for ‘file loading’). BUT it can´t be moved. – that now goes for all my DBs, strangely…

2. I also do not understand really why the new DB set up for sync starts in 'load - always´ mode; as by default all DTTG2-syncs should be set to ‘manual’ according to the … manual. :slight_smile:

any hints, experiences, solution paths appreciated!

Have you made the in-app purchase of the Pro Pack (see Settings > Manage)?
A shallow sync is not available without it.

yes, I did

plus: currently I have some DBs of DTTG2 that are set to manual sync, some to always
… can´t switch any.

Are you syncing the databases to more than one sync location?

no.
– that is: inbetween I tested parallel sync w/ iCloud for a test. but then dropped that again.
so: currently only one webDAV syncLocation

ok - I see it will not be resolved here quickly. and it also seems this case is unique to me. so put that to support via the ios-app. hope that is the appropriate channel…

I have been testing to try and reproduce the problem here. So far I have not been able to.

@Bluefrog: thx for that! Jim (your other you) at support helped me out, already (as you are probably aware :slight_smile: )

– here for everyone else:
story: for some reason (I do not know) the general sync setting switched to ‘always’. this made the toggle for selecting DB/folder-level sync-mode of DTTG unresponsive. I set it back to ‘manual’ – and now I can chose freely again to sync either manual / always on lower DB/folder level.

( insert: btw and for the world to know: this is an ingenious feature of DTTG-architecture, as is the auto ‘cut-off’ for a specified number of synced documents )

takeaway 1: I do not know why the general setting changed; but I take away that one should re-check this in cases like this.

takeaway 2; I learned that DTTG apparently only allows for setting on DB/folder level when the general setting is ‘manual’; and not when it´s ‘always’. I wasn´t aware of that assymetry in behaviour before. maybe it´s documented, but I didn´t find it on look-up myself. in any way, good to know for everyone.

best to all!
oliver

3 Likes

Glad to be of service :slight_smile:

The mind boggles. GREENFROG, maybe?

@lerone thanks for taking the time to post the solution which the two of you found :+1:t3:

Heresy!! :flushed::wink: