Can we color the project icon?

Made a few more versions of the Global Inbox icon. You can download them at the same spot: http://pc.cd/dq9

For a general view of all:

And one in place (dock):

Hi all, thanks for sharing.
any one know if there is a way to increase icon size in sidebar?
these does not scale with Preferences->General->Appearance->Sidebar Text Size, as one could be expect.

any one know if there is a way to increase icon size in sidebar?

No, this is not possible.

Love these! Thanks so much for sharing.

1 Like

This is super! Thanks for all the icons and the instructions.

1 Like

Wonderful, I already use it THANKS!

Updated link for icon files download:

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=kZ01lzXZ3OI9HJGXDLmmmFhzAScMISyhym37

7 Likes

Very nice! thx alot!

1 Like

Well, I think it would be great to be possible to change the icons size because with the age, in spite of wearing glasses, the icons on the sidebar become harder to decode. Even more if you change the default icon to one that is more expressive/colorful. And even if the new icon is a simple shaped icon. So…I really came to these forum by searching “is that possible to change DT3 icons size on the sidebar?”.
Great stuff over here anyway. Thanks for your answers @BLUEFROG

@valente thx a lot for those icons!
Did you ever make some for tags and group tags as well?
b.

1 Like

HIGHLY recommend the Iconjar app for this. You can take any set of icons, including free sets from all over the internet, and create your own custom colored icons in seconds. I do it all the time…(my Gaming stuff is not client confidential, so I can share this screen shot).

I LOVE doing this…in case that wasn’t obvious.

4 Likes

You’re clearly missing World of Warcraft and Diablo groups in your database. :thinking::wink:

No no, if those existed, they’d be nested under Computer Gaming. :stuck_out_tongue:

thx @apoc527.
I could generate and apply them through applescript.
@cgrunenberg do you confirm there’s no way to change a tag’s color through applescript?

Started playing around with icons. How do you replace INBOX icon? Followed instruction and replace via Finder and icon for Inbox.dtBase2 is changed on Finder but DEVONthink icon didn’t change. Close DEVONthink and restarted but still the same.

Not via DEVONthink’s AppleScript dictionary.

You could use Script: Colorize DEVONthink Icons (Color Code Magick).

That’s correct.

Are you doing the replace of the icon DEVONthink.app (in ~/applications)? It should work using the same procedure.

Did it as you suggested but didn’t work. Still default Inbox icon.

Thx. Please considee this a feature request, then.