Can't Remove Global Smart Group

Sorry to follow up my last question with a second. I’m starting to worry that my Global Inbox is corrupt?

While testing why Database Properties is unavailable for the Global Inbox (might have figured out something; I’ll update my post), I created a smart group with two rules: Tag is ux and Tag is ui.

The smart group found 18 documents. The test over, I wanted to remove the smart group. I right-clicked the global smart group and chose Remove. I got an error beep, but nothing happened. If I chose Move to Trash, the group and all 18 documents moved to the trash. Thank the gods for Undo Delete!

No matter what I did, I could not remove the smart group. Eventually, I deleted both Tag is rules, the articles disappeared from the smart group, and I just moved it to the trash again.

Why doesn’t Remove work? Any ideas?

Much thanks as always,
Keith

I’m not seeing any issue using the Remove command with global smart groups.

• Does this persist after quitting and relaunching DEVONthink?
  • Does it persist after rebooting the machine?

Only smart groups inside databases can be moved to the trash, therefore it doesn’t seem to be a global one. In addition, the smart group still shows found results in the trash but this doesn’t have any impact on them (as long as you didn’t trash them too).