Can't sync DTTG with DEVONThink Pro on my Mac

DEVONthink does all the work with merging changes on a sync.

Do a test and see what happens. Best that you convince yourself with your own databases.

1 Like

That could be from either sync location actually. A timeout is non-fatal but also not under DEVONthink’s control.
Are you trying to sync via WebDAV while on or off your network?

I set up WebDav to use Synology DDNS (like https://username.myds.me:5006/DT) , so I guess it is routed externally on Internet traffic rather than using LAN ?

Not sure this was your question

Yeah. But I’m curious if you’re seeing the timeout when you’re syncing on your local network or off it?

If you’re on the same network as your NAS: hopefully not. Your synology.me address resolves to your router’s IP address. So that the router (if it’s not total crap) does not go outside, but simply uses its port forwarding rules to send the packets to your NAS.
If you’re on another network, I’d not the same as your router … your router does of course not route the request “externally”, since they are destined for – again, your router. So, your router always behaves the same.

But the difference still remains: if you’re outside your home network, any number of intermittent routers can fail or slow things down. Which can result in the kind of message you saw.