Can't sync more than Inboxes

I’m trying to sync a DT desktop database with DTTG on iOS and it seems to work for the Inbox but not the rest of the database

When I look at Sync preferences, I see that the database I want to sync is under “LOCAL” while under “REMOTE” are other databases. Is this my problem? If so, how do I fix it? I have looked for a way to add a specific database to either “REMOTE” or “LOCAL” but there seems to be no way to do this. But perhaps I am on the wrong track?

David

A screenshot might be helpful here. Or rather two: One of the desktop’s sync options, the other one from DTTG’s ones.

• Is there anything reported in DEVONthink’s Window > Log?
  • Is there a triangle on the sync icon in DEVONthink To Go’s bottom toolbar? If so, touch it and tell me what it reports.

Question 1: Yes! There are a lot of “Operation Could Not be Completed - Time Out” reports.

Here are the most recent.

Question 2: There is no triangle in the DTTG toolbar.

Thanks for the quick answer!

What is Preferences > Sync > Max. Connections set to?

We should compensate for the maximum allowed connection but try dropping it to 4, clear the log, and see if the issue persists.

The timeouts are gone. That solved that one! Thank you.

I still don’t understand, though, why my DTTG screen is the one in the screenshot. Why I am seeing only the Inbox and not the full database?

Did you enable the sync location and databases to import in DEVONthink To Go’s Settings > Sync: Locations?

Oops. That was the problem. I didn’t realize that was the way specify databases, never clicked beyond the button that specifies the location. Truly a case of RTFM! Sorry about that. And many thanks for straightening out this and the timeout errors.

David

You’re welcome and no worries! :slight_smile:

We are believers in opt-in, not opt-out whenever possible, so DEVONthink won’t decide to sync databases for you. That’s a decision for you to make, not the software.

Yes, and I appreciate that! It requires more attention to what one is doing than, say, Evernote, but it rewards that effort.

1 Like