The “Export to PDF” often creates unreadable results. The only reliable procedure with those websites I like storing (from behind the paywall) is using the usual print dialogue and there choose “Save PDF to Devonthink 3”.
Here is a short description of the process I will settle with from now on:
You can see in the dialogue, that I can choose to delete the large number of pages with unrelated links and just save the important 4 pages – in this case. The pagination works, it does not cut lines.
When saving, I get the dialogue where I can choose where to file the PDF and under which name:
The result is clean, but not too pretty:
And I get all the necessary metadata.
Later, without connection to the internet or the site I used, and only if I feel the need to make in pretty, I can always create an RTFD or Markdown file via rightclick and “Convert”. Looks like this:
But for the time being, the PDF works well in Devonthink and feeds the AI.
Since this workflow is consistent, reliable, simple, and complete, I am content and will not use clip or share or the sorter any more while in web browsers.
I did not use RTF since decades, because the paragraph formatting is horrible in multilingual text, but here it works great, and RTFD will play an important role from now on in my database. – I would like another font and line spacing though…
Disclaimer: I am NOT collecting articles about that man in real life.