Capture or clip selection as Markdown from website?

Does anyone know of a good way to capture a selection, from a browser like Chrome (or from anywhere else, really,) as Markdown to DEVONthink?

Something may be coming in a future release.

2 Likes

This Bookmarklet to convert HTML selection to Markdown
works in Safari. Don’t know about Chrome.

1 Like

Thanks, all! I was also able to find this Chrome extension for anyone looking for a solution right now. It has been working pretty well for me so far. :+1:

PopClip also has a useful extension for that

AFAIKT, this plug-in converts the whole web page. That’s something DT’s add-on can do already.
The bookmarklet only converts the selected part of the web page and copies it to the clipboard. DT offers a service for that, too, but it is lacking somewhat: links in the original are not preserved, for example.

You can select text, right-click, then choose “Download Selection as Markdown” or “Copy Selection as Markdown” within the plugin’s settings. I couldn’t figure out a way to create a keyboard shortcut, so I reached out to the developer to see if they’d be willing to add the option for keyboard shortcuts in a future release. Until then, I guess I’ll just stick with the clunky method. :slight_smile: