Some how installing Devonthink Pro on my new Mac it has created a load of duplicate items on my NAS.
They don’t actually show up as duplicates. I have removed some of them and got the database back to normal unfortunately this has broken x-devonthink-item links used in external applications linking to PDFs.
I wonder if it is possible to to change an item’s ID to that of a missing one to fix these links?
If not could it please be a feature request?
it has created a load of duplicate items on my NAS.
They don’t actually show up as duplicates.
Please clarify what you mean here.
Sorry for not getting back sooner.
I don’t know what happened
it happened after migrating to a new Mac.
I made sure all files were in the original location on my NAS
- On my iPad I synced to my Mac and removed downloads
- The on the old Mac pushed files back to their original source (NAS)
[ I index my NAS and then load files that I am currenly working into the database.]
- I backed up my database file.
- disabled the license
Got my new Mac
- set up Mac
- set up the NAS share same, details never changed
- installed Devonthink
- used my license to activate
- restored the database file
- then synced with my NAS
- setup then synced my iPad
Then I noticed many files had been duplicated, however, the duplicates smart group didn’t pick any of them up.