Child count in folder browser

I’ve only just recently started with DTP, so forgive me if I missed something, but there’s one thing that annoyed me from the start.

The folders in the browser show their content (item) count, but they also count (empty) subfolders. I find this counterintuitive. Wouldn’t it be more sensible to only show the actual item count?

For example take the To-Do List database (in the examples). Calender holds 43 folders. Who cares about this information? I would rather know how many items are left in my todo folders, instead of how many empty folders there are sitting around.

On a similar note, I find it confusing that the count shows folders + items, but the browser shows only the folders. I understand that it’s probably not feasible to show the items in the browser, but this mix between count and folder display doesn’t make sense to me.

I can imagine that sometimes you’d want to group a few items and treat it as one item. (e.g. a todo entry together with some additional references/files). Maybe there can be an option to flag a folder as being special, in order to have it counted as a single item. A bit like an OSX bundle file…

Just some thoughts.

Cheers