Christmas wish-list of features for DTTG

I’d just like to be able to create a task in things 3 with a backline from an item in DEVONthink as we can with Omnifocus. That way I could manage my reading list

M

Do you mean that you want to have a task in things 3 with a link to a DT record? If so, what’s preventing that? If not, what do you mean?

Yes exactly that. When I hit the share button in DTTG create a task in OmniFocus is there as an option but Things 3 isn’t anywhere in the share list as far as I can see

I can create a task in Things manually and cut and paste a DT url by hand, but that’s quite a lot of steps compared to OmniFocus which is a single step.

Obviously I may be missing the obvious here…
M

If we are talking about the same thing, I have a “share” button to Things when inside DEVONthink ToGo. Slide the row (as shown here starting with “Airdrop”) to left and see if you can press the More button to add “more” to get Things there.

1 Like

I wish I had that!! No Things option on iPad or iPhone. Maybe it’s because I’m running the beta. I’ll try switching to release version. Thanks

Both for Things and OmniFocus, a link to the DEVONthink document not automatically put into the Notes, and yes, that would be nice. (Or maybe I missing something).

While OmniFocus is shown on my sharing window, I don’t use it anymore and I’ll delete it.

Update: deleting and reinstalling things brought the share item back on iPad and iphone

1 Like