Classify & Reveal at the same time (with one keyboard shortcut)

I’m quite new to DT3, so if this is a silly/obvious question (or if it doesn’t make sense), please let me know.

I often use the Classify feature to quickly clean out my Inbox. I’ve found it to be quite reliable for putting documents where they should go. Quite often, though, while I’m classifying documents, I find myself wanting to navigate to the folder that I just moved a document to (perhaps to make sure that the document has a right naming scheme that matches the other files in that folder; or to make sure that I did in fact classify to the right folder). As it is, I hit ‘Move To’, and the file disappears. Then, to double check my naming scheme, I have to navigate in the sidebar to that same folder and click on it, which kind of defeats the purpose of the Classify feature in the first place.

My question is: is there some way to move a file using the classify feature and navigate to the folder that the file just got moved to, all with one keyboard shortcut? For example: if I want to classify a receipt, I click on the receipt file in my inbox, then I open the classify sidebar. DT recognizes that it is a receipt and suggests the “Receipts” group. I hit one keyboard shortcut, and DT moves the receipt to the suggested “Receipts” folder, and also reveals the “Receipts” folder in the main window.

I understand if this isn’t possible; if it is, though, this would be a very helpful feature for me.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

No there isn’t such a command.
You can use the Go > To Group command, and even tear off the popover, if you’d like to do some manual filing. You can also double-click an item in the popover to jump to it.

Thanks, this is not a feature I was aware of before. :grin:

You’re welcome.
Check out the Help > Documentation > Windows > Popovers > Utility Popovers.

Just another tip on this. After hitting CTRL-C to classify the document, you can hit the command-[
of (Go → Back) to go to the previous document (the one you just filed).

You can then do command-r to go to its new location.

That works pretty quickly for me and I think probably answers your use-case.

1 Like

Nice! Thanks for sharing this tip with everyone. :slight_smile: