Clip from Firefox -- Where's The File?

There’s not enough info to assist here. A screen capture of DEVONthink could be helpful.

PS: Yes, we suggest moving to DEVONthink 3 as 2.x is out of development now.

Sorry BlueFrog.
I clipped the Article “The Kuyperian Impulse…” from Firefox on DT. I put it in the DT group “Comprehensive Christianity” which was indexed from Finder.

But the article didn’t show up in Finder, even after Update Indexed Items. The Finder screenshot shows a down arrow with nothing in the folder.

This happens a lot with me. I wind up saving the article in to Finder manually.

Are you using macOS’ disk management feature to put your desktop and documents in iCloud?

No sir. I’m not. --Ray

I just noticed you’re running DEVONthink 2.x. That will not add the files to the Finder folder. You need to Control-click and choose Move to External Folder.

However, we strongly suggest you move to DEVONthink 3. Version 2 is out of development and 3 will automatically interact with the indexed Finder folders.

Okay. Thanks so much BlueFrog. Excellent support, as always. – Ray

BTW, I applied for education discount. No reply yet. – Ray

You’re welcome.

Note the educational requests are hand-processed by a real person. I’m sure you’ll know soon enough.

I got it thanks.

No problem.

BlueFrog,

I updated to DT3. Love it. But now Firefox clipping doesn’t work. I click the button and nothing happens. Any idea?
Ray

It’s working here.

• What version of Firefox are you running?

• Have you tried removing and reinstalling it via DEVONthink’s DEVONthink 3 > Install Add-Ons ?

Firefox up to date. 78.0.2
IOS up to date. 10.15.5
DT up to date. 3.5.1

I removed and tried what you said. " removing and reinstalling it via DEVONthink’s DEVONthink 3 > Install Add-Ons ?"
But it did not show up in Firefox.

From another thread, it may be a permission issue. I can’t get DT under Firefox.

It would be shown here…

I got the extension, but when I click it, nothing happens.

I think my problem may be that DT3 does have permissions granted to Firefox per this thread.

screen shot

It actually works on normal web pages like bbc.com

But if I have an online pdf if does not.

There’s that three-pane view! When will it be implemented in v.3? I’ve been waiting.

What are you referring to?

The 3-pane view. Sorry didn’t intend to be obtuse. When it is reincorporated to v. 3, I’d upgrade from v. 2.11