Clip to Devonthink 1.0 consuming huge resources

Clip to Devonthink is consuming 80 to 200% of CPU resources per Activity Monitor on a 6 core 3ghz I5 Mini.

This is not occurring on my 2017 MacBook Pro.

I am running Safari 13.0. I can disable the extension but Safari won’t let me uninstall it without removing DT3 entirely. Even disabled it still consumes the same amount of CPU resources.

Is there a way to uninstall it without removing DT3?

Addendum:

I shut all apps down and rebooted the machine. Restarted Safari and Clip to Devonthink does not show in Activity Monitor and resource consumption is normal. Restarted DT3 and the problem returns.

With the extension you mean the Clip to DEVONthink extension that comes as part of DEVONthink 3, not the old extension that needed to be installed separately?

Yes. The old extensions are removed as are all the DT2 bits per the guidance provided in an earlier thread.

Could you please launch Apple’s Activity Monitor application (see Applications > Utilities), choose the Clip to DEVONthink process in the list of processes, select the menu item View > Sample Process and send the result to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com? Thanks in advance!