Clip to Devonthink as PDF doesn´t work with specific pages

Hi guys,

i have a problem with certain pages like some newssites an especially with reddit. Everytime i want to clip an reddit page as an pdf over the “clip to devonthink”-extension i get an blank page, or just the headline.

I tried different Browsers (Safari and FF) and the results are the same. Even if i checked the “clear version” for my pdf clipping.

I am Running the latest MacOS 12 with the usual contentblocking measures in each of the browsers like (UO and NoScript).

I hope you guys can help me :slight_smile: Thanks in advance.

And have you tried clipping without the ”contentblocking measures”?

I have tried it just a few moments ago and it doesn´t work :confused:
I deactivated every ad- and scripblocker i was using with these browsers. The result is still some blank pages, some come with the obligatory cookiewarning and some pdfs show a few lines of the redditpage i want to clip.

Here is an example of how the pdfs look. And i tried an different Browser (Vivaldi) with no blocking at all but with the same result. But this problem seems to be tied to some specific - like reddit - sites. i clipped a few other sides as an pdf with no problem at all - even with ad and scriptblocking on.

Reddit is one of those complex sites that gets in the way of clipping. It’s like they don’t want you to do it. Best way probably is to “print to PDF”.

Add a bookmark to Reddit in DEVONthink, then select it and log in. Go to the desired page – still in DEVONthink – and use Tools > Capture. How does that work for you?

Thanks for the tipp, but sadly this doesn´t work at all:

• Reddit “inside” of devonthink doesn´t load new posts - i see only the first 4 on the top
  • I am not able to login, becaue everytime i hit the loginbutton reddit seems to be greyed out (there must be some new greyish layer ontop of the site) and there is no field to put my credentials in

I´ve run this with and without Blocking of Popups and Ads under Settings-> Web in Devonthink

Edit: My OS Version changed since the release of yesterdays MacOS update. So it is 12.7.4 and Safari 17.4.

I have tested several sites and some have the same problem like reddit. Like the german Newssite