Clip to DEVONthink puts item into wrong Inbox

If I want to put an item from an another app via the share function in iOS into the correspondingly selected inbox in Clip to DEVONthink, the item always ends up in the Global Inbox. No matter which database I select in Clip to DEVONthink or which settings I change in DTTG3, the document always ends up in the global inbox. I have been able to reproduce this behaviour on both of my iPhones. On my iPad, on the other hand, it works without any problems.

Devices:

• iPhone 7 + iPhone SE2 with iOS 14.4.2
  • iPad Pro with iOS 14.4.2
  • DTTG3 v3.1

Any advice kindly appreciated!

What are the odds? :grinning:

1 Like

yes and no; this is slightly different, because the OP is selecting something other than ā€œGlobal Inboxā€ in the clipper, and seeing the clip being dropped in the global inbox regardless; and the behaviour seems to differ between iPhone and iPad, which is unexpected. @freeUrMind is this happening with every file format? Is it happening regardless of which app you share from?

1 Like

I havenā€™t been able to reproduce this, which app and what type of file are you sharing? In Clip to DEVONthink which type of record are you creating, i.e PDF, web archive, bookmark, etc

Welcome @freeUrMind

What other app ?

Ur question: Is this happening with every file format? Is it happening regardless of which app you share from?

Answer: Yes and yes!

It happens with any app from which I share, e. g. Feedly Reader, Telegram Messenger, Safari Browser etc.

It happens from any App and with any file type. I mainly use plain text format, bookmarks and PDFs.

I have created a screen recording to illustrate this:
h t t p : / / w w w . d r o p b o x . c o m/s/lih76arcx9mj693/Screenrecording.mov?dl=0

Remark: Plz delete the spaces :point_up_2: