Clip to Devonthink

All of sudden this morning Clip to Devonthink stopped working in both Safari and Google. I didn’t change anything I can think of. I have rebooted, trashed the agents and reinstalled. No change.

DevonthinkPro 2.8.6
Mac OS 10.7.5

Which URL did you try to clip and which settings did you use?

I would question if the Clip to DEVONthink extension is compatible with your version of macOS/Safari/DEVONthink as your setup is several years old now.

True, the iMac it is installed on is from 2011 and unable to update past 10.7.5, but the Clip agent has worked flawlessly for well over a year on both browsers. Suddenly all it does is produce a a single blank page with a ‘kind’ of PDF only, not the usual PDF+Text that gives me the full content.

What version is the Sierra Clip to DEVONthink extension? If a newer version was installed from the Safari Extension Gallery, then that might explain the problem even though your OS and version of DEVONthink is unchanged. I don’t use Chrome, so I can’t comment on how the extensions are upgraded with that browser.

As to your macOS and version of DEVONthink, I believe all 2011 iMacs are compatible with High Sierra. You would have to go back to a 2006 model to find an iMac that is capped at running macOS Lion 10.7.

Mac compatibility guide: https://eshop.macsales.com/guides/Mac_OS_X_Compatibility