"Clip to DT" from webpage now yields huge type size, & switches back to DTP

Text now is greatly “embiggened” compared to the original, appearing in 20 and 24 point size. Not always, but I cannot figure out why some and not others.

I have Palatino 14 selected for Rich Text and Note font, in DTPro Settings> Editing. In Settings> Files> Markdown, I have no Style sheet selected and indeed I know nothing of CSS.

Secondly, clipping text now causes a switch from Safari to DTPro while previously this did not happen and I coiuld go on with what I was doing in Safari.

The first behavior is time-consuming to correct (reformatting time and size for each clipped item). I would be grateful for a way to change this.

Are you clipping to rich text?

This setting is only applied to new rich texts but rich text clipping uses the web page’s styling.

Yes, I am.

Here are screen grabs of, first, part of the text on the web page, in a handsome serif font

second, screen grab of the same text in DTPro, converted into an unattractive sans and very large. So is there some standard sans serif font at the heart of most web pages, and our browser transforms it into a different font depending on what a particular computer has in its font library?

This is a relatively new event, maybe starting six months ago, and I end up reducing font size and changing the font on everything, one at a time.