Closing a database

Hello
Is there a way or similar way to close a database in DTTG? Like it is from DEVONthink for Mac? It looks like there is option to only delete the database

No, you cannot close a database in DEVONthink To Go. May I ask why you’d want to?

its on the way, I dont use it anymore but I might need it in the future, but I dont want to see it. on Mac its easy just closed the database and it’s gone.

The other option is to just delete the database on DTTG, would that cause any issues if I decide to bring it back at some point?

For now, I closed the database in question on my Mac and on DTTG I just unchecked sync the database.

I delete DEVONthink ToGo databases occasionally, normally caused when I want to create space on a device with limited space.

As long as there is a place from which to “bring it back at some point”, e.g. the Mac, can’t think of any issue.

Also you may wish to remove the sync location by doing a “clean”. See the DEVONthink Help and “DEVONthink Manual” for specifics on “cleaning” sync locations.

So if you delete databases in DTTG it doesn’t delete them in the cloud and on the mac too?

Welcome @PeterLax
No. As has been discussed many times, each device is independent and has its own databases. Also documented is sync data is not the same as a database. They are separate entities.

What you can do is hide the database using an iOS focus mode.