I’ve been syncing my primary database and Global Inbox between my iMac, MacBook Pro, iPad, and iPhone using CloudKit with good results, until recently when I’ve been getting iCloud (CloudKit) manifest missing and database structure issues.
The iMac is running DEVONthink 3 Pro version 3.8.5 and macOS Monterey 12.5.
The MacBook Pro is running DEVONthink 3 Pro 3.8.5 and macOS Catalina 10.15.7.
The iPad and iPhone are running DEVONthink To Go 3 version 3.5.2 (17229) on iPadOS / iOS 15.6
I am not using Bonjour syncing. On both Macs, “Enable incoming connections” is off and Bonjour syncing is “off:” on both iOS devices.
Both Macs and the iPad and iPhone are set to sync the Global Inbox and my primary database, and the iPad and iPhone have CloudKit set to download files “Always”. So effectively the two databases are mirrored on all devices.
What I’ve done
A wile back I started getting “manifest missing” log messages on all my devices. Initially I believe many, many files were being listed in in the log, but after doing a “Clean” on the iMac the logs on each device list a single file name as having the missing manifest, and it’s the same on all devices.
I researched this in DEVONthink Help and in this community and tried various steps.Not sure I can remember everything I tried, but I did “Verify Location Quickly” on the iMac, and eventually I resorted to “Clean Location”.
I still get the manifest missing messages, but more ominous is that now, when I “Verify Location Quickly” I receive the following message in the log:
Broken or not yet complete data structure of database “my database name”.
I get this same message on both Macs, which appears to be related to the CloudKit sync store, not the locally stored database(s).
I’ve been troubleshooting this unsuccessfully on and off for weeks. Perhaps this warrants a trouble ticket / bug report but I thought I wad ask here first.