Code Repository

This is probably a little far fetched but as a developer, I have a need for a code repository. There are a few products out there but none very good. Seems to me that DT Pro would be a great option. I’ve tried using it for this purpose but what I miss is the color differentiation for variables, text etc. I’d be great if you could incorporate this functionality or, create a new product using DT Pro as the engine.

Thanks.

There are lots of code repositories. Why not use Subversion for this? The functionality is so specialized.

Then you have cool OS X apps like Versions:

versionsapp.com/

I’m not a developer but it’s hard for me to see how DTPro could be(come) a preferred “code repository” tool compared to others that are specialized for the task.

Right, though:

I’d think a more potentially viable strategy would be sharing constructive criticism and suggested improvements with developers of those products. You started this thread with:

… and it’s pretty easy for me to agree with that. :slight_smile:

Next time I start thinking out loud, I’ll make sure my figures are nowhere near the keyboard!

That made me imagine something like this:

I’m always interested in hearing ideas/suggestions, and never want to leave an impression of discouraging anyone from making them, even if they’re personally inapplicable. I may be curious to know reasons behind certain ones and/or might suggest alternatives.