Colors in the "Editing" tab of preferences can't be set using "show colors..."

Hello,

I’ve been tinkering with the style and theme options around plaintext / markdown / rich text, and I’ve encountered what I’m pretty sure is just a bug.

Specific steps to recreate:

• DEVONthink preferences > Editing > Click either of the “Background” boxes:
  • This brings up a swatch with ~100 colors. Clicking on any of those DOES work as expected, setting the background used in the edit mode for Markdown and for plain .txt files.
  • If, instead of using the swatch, I click “Show Colors…”, I get the standard MacOS color selector window. What I’ve found is that trying to set the colors with any of the options in that color selector has no effect. The color stays at whatever it was prior to opening the color selector.

This seems to be the case with all four of the similar color settings boxes in that part of DEVONthink’s preferences (Background and Text for both Plain Text Font and Rich Text & Note Font).

Outside of the Editing tab of preferences, the MacOS color selector does seem to work as expected - For example, the “Colors” tab.

I have tried restarting DEVONthink, as well as the whole computer, and the issue persists.

It would be great to be able to fine-tune the colors in the editing tab, as plain text and markdown are where I spend most of my time in DEVONthink, but I do have a workaround of just using the swatch to choose these colors.

What OS are you running?

Which version of DEVONthink do you use?

I should have thought to include that detail up front. I’m on Sonoma 14.1.2

That’s another detail I should have thought to put in the original post. I’m on 3.9.4

Just noting it’s working in Ventura.

And on 14.1.1 I couldn’t reproduce this so far either.