I index my digital editions of various magazines and journals, all in pdf format. It would be useful to have one command or script to copy highlighted material (Take Rich Note) and insert the page link within the text document.
I generate a “bookmark” to specific pages in the document with the following:
- “Copy the Page Link” to the clipboard,
- Highlight text, use Services to “Take Rich Note”, capturing the text as a title which brings up the distribution menu to assign the note to a folder
- Assign the note to a folder (typically an Inbox, for easy retrieval)
- Retrieve the note and insert the the page link from the Clipboard
- Move the note to the appropriate folder
If the page link were inserted in the note, I could assign the note directly to the appropriate folder.