Compatibility of apps with macOS Monterey (12.0.1)

I couldn’t think of any place else to post this but: Can anyone direct me to a list on line of apps (not just Devon Technologies apps) that are or aren’t compatible with macOS Monterey 12.0.1?

Thanks,

Randy Stokes

I don’t think there’s a comprehensive and up-to-date list of compatible apps but all apps that have worked with Big Sur should continue to work with Monterey. There are no major changes to the architecture of the OS like e.g. when Big Sur dropped the 32-bit app support so all apps had to be 64-bit or would not work.

If you are upgrading from Catalina or any earlier OS and are worried about a particular app, and especially if an app has not been updated in quite some time, it would be best to check with developers first.

2 Likes

I don’t know of a comprehensive list of NON-compatible apps either, but I have been beta testing Monterey for months and the only compatibility issues I have encountered have been with extensions such as SoftRAID and Rogue Ameoba and utilities such as Better Touch Tool, Bartender, MacPilot, and TinkerTool System but the last of those have been resolved by updates in the last week or so. NOTE: very few of those were paid upgrades. As with any macOS upgrade you need to be scrupulous about having everything to date to avoid surprises.

Thanks for this information.

Randy