Confusing Log When Moving Files Between Inboxes

This is something that has started just recently and I’m not sure what’s causing the problem so I wanted to ask here.

For a long time I was using DT3 by simply using Global Inbox as the starting point, then regularly move files from there to their own databases. Recently I’ve created a new database for a special work and started organizing files there. But when I move files from Global Inbox to specific database’s inbox, I receive a weird log alert for every file:

10:13:39: ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink 3/Inbox.dtBase2/Files.noindex/pdf/9/*****.pdf	“*****.pdf” couldn’t be moved to “c”.
10:13:39: ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink 3/Inbox.dtBase2/Files.noindex/pdf/9/*****.pdf	Failed
10:13:39: ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink 3/Inbox.dtBase2/Files.noindex/pdf/b/*****.pdf	“*****.pdf” couldn’t be moved to “d”.
10:13:39: ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink 3/Inbox.dtBase2/Files.noindex/pdf/b/*****.pdf	Failed
10:13:39: ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink 3/Inbox.dtBase2/Files.noindex/pdf/2/*****.pdf	“*****.pdf” couldn’t be moved to “f”.
10:13:39: ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink 3/Inbox.dtBase2/Files.noindex/pdf/2/*****.pdf	Failed

(I’ve redacted the file names for privacy reasons but all of them are just letters and nothing more.)

Then I started testing other scenarios to see if anything changes. What I’ve found is this error happens only when I move a file from Global Inbox to a database inbox. If I move directly into the database, it’s all fine. But there’s more: all the files that shows in the log also seems like moved to the database inboxes and seems usable. So I’m not even sure if there’s an error or not.

I don’t know if it’s a known issue or not but I really want to understand what exactly is going on here so I don’t have to worry about my files disappearing because of this unusual errors.

Is a verification (see File > Verify & Repair Database…) of both the global inbox and the destination database successful? Did you check the permissions of the files which can’t be moved?

How are you moving the files?

Checked file permissions and everything was normal on that side. But when I tried “Verify & Repair”, Global inbox told me the exact number of files I’ve moved was orphaned and when I repaired, it created an Orphaned Files group and put all the files in it.

For the databases I’ve moved files to, it says the same number of files are missing and it can’t resolve the error. I can still see them on the list but they’re not connected to any file.

Since I always move multiple files at once, I select the ones I want to move and then right click, “Move to” and choose the database inbox I want. When I choose directly the database itself (or a group inside it) there’s no error but when I choose another inbox, it gives me this error.

Is there enough disk space available on the volume of the destination database? Or is the destination database an encrypted database? In addition, please choose Help > Report Bug while pressing the Alt modifier key and send the result to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com - thanks!

Hi, checked for both and none of those were the case. Will send a report as soon as possible. Thanks!